Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Charlottesville at the Jefferson...bowling in Raleigh?

So The Small Ponds kicked off the next leg of touring with Stephen Kellogg and his Ultimate Sixers in full style at the Jefferson Theater in Charlottesville Sunday night. A great show, a great crowd, amazing little theater. The majority of the Ponds went home after the show, while my amazing wife and I hung out with my dear friends Zack Hickman, Adam Larrabee, and Adam's awesome wife Chloe. They had just finished up a weekend of playing with their infamous bluegrass 80's cover band Love Cannon, which also served as the backing band for Josh Ritter on Sunday afternoon.

We returned to Raleigh Monday and had a nice day off indulging in a Small Ponds/Kellogg and the Sixers dinner at Gravy, followed by some very enthusiastic bowling at The Alley on Hillsborough St, followed by wings and nightcaps at the Raleigh Times. Since I've been drinking for the last month straight, I was sure that the evening would be relatively tame, which of course, it was not. But we kept it classy, and nobody's pants came off in public. A success.

Tonight, we play the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, and then off to the Northeast tomorrow.

**Today's blog entry feels like work because I feel a little worked over. There was a pretty serious lack of humor, witty wordplay, anecdotes from the road, etc. I would put a picture up, but I can't find my phone right now and I don't feel like looking for it. More to come, I swear. And it will get better.

No comments: